why do teenage girls hang out in odd numbers?
because they can’t even
Yes, I’m posting before Thanksgiving. #dealwithit
The holidays are about to take over and whether or not you want to buy into the craziness, let’s face it, it’s fun to give things to people you care about. Here is a list of suggestions for the band geek in your life:
1. DCI, anything. In fact, how about the DCI 2013 World Championships DVD?
Holy balls, how did I know how expensive this was? Maybe instead of the DVD, how about an IOU for tickets to some 2014 event?
2. On the same topic, why not get your friends souvies from their favorites corps. That way, it’s like two gifts in one – supporting a corps and making your friend happy.
3. Have a friend who likes to read? There is a lot of great stuff out there, including…my books! I’m actually happy to announce that The Line Anthology (as well as the 4 of the Line series books, Confessions of a Teenage Band Geek and Major Pain) is now available for digital download (and very reasonably priced).
Obvious self promotion is obvious.
4. Even MOAR books! Not for the Faint of Heart (by Spike Van Wert), Building the Green Machine (Colt Foutz), and for some humor, Band Nerds Poetry From The 13th Chair Trombone Player, The Marching Band Nerds Handbook (both by DJ Corchin).
5. Have a friend auditioning for a corps? Instead of a lame gift certificate, why not give them money specifically dedicated to their tour or audition fund? It’s a personal gift that will mean a lot. (Or, hey, have some extra airline miles - think about donating them so your friend can travel).
6. Don’t have a lot of money? Who does? How about getting the address of one of your virtual friends and sending them an actual card? In the mail. Burn them a CD. Use stickers. Make someone’s day for the cost of a stamp… Useful in the kitchen? Try baking! You can show someone you care for them in the thought behind the gift.
7. Anything from the Tone Deaf store.
8. A subscription to Halftime Magazine.
9. Check out Etsy for any number of original jewelry / artwork / one of a kind music stuff.
10. Some gear from Lot Riot.
11. Know a good photographer? I know a few! ;) Have a great image of you, your section, or your band from this season? Why not print and frame it?
Also, if you can tell me where to find this pencil, I would be super excited:
So, what am I missing? What would you like to receive this holiday season?