Why am I always readibg Courtney’s books in the dead of a sunday night?
I’ll probably finish it too because I’m literally not tired at all.
So I’ll reread it.
Although I completely skipped the first one because I yelled at Lucy so much.
Ack! Sorry I didn’t you tagged me until now. :)
PS If you didn’t get The Line Up, hold on until Christmas. Y’know, just in case I make it free to download.
Thanks to you - Confessions of a Teenage Band Geek had its best sales month ever! Hoping December will beat November.
As we go into the holiday season, my gift to you is The Line Up (free to download today, November 25th). I hope you’ll check it out and enjoy the novel.
The Line Up is the 4th and final book in the Line series. The making of a drumline captain is a complicated one - especially for Bronwyn Flueger. Follow her senior season with complications from section mates, instructors, and rivals…plus the pressure of preparing for a major national percussion competition.
So, the holidays are taking over and whether or not you want to buy into the craziness that encompasses the country, and let’s face it, it’s fun to give things to people you care about. Here is a list of suggestions for the band geek in your life.
1. DCI, anything. In fact, how about the DCI World Championships 2012 DVD?
2. On the same topic, why not get your friends souvies from their favorites corps? That way, it’s like two gifts in one – supporting a corps and making your friend happy.
3. Have a friend who likes to read? There is a lot of great stuff out there, including…my books! You can get The Line series for Kindle, Nook, and iPad (electronic books between $0.99 - $2.99 and print books are around $13). There’s also my newest books, Confessions of a Teenage Band Geek and Major Pain.
Obvious self promotion is obvious.
4. Even MOAR books! Not for the Faint of Heart (by Spike Van Wert), Building the Green Machine (Colt Foutz), and for some humor, Band Nerds Poetry From The 13th Chair Trombone Player, The Marching Band Nerds Handbook (both by DJ Corchin).
5. Have a friend auditioning for a corps? Instead of a lame gift certificate, why not give them money specifically dedicated to their tour or audition fund?
6. Don’t have a lot of money? Who does? How about getting the address of one of your virtual friends and sending them a card? In the mail. Burn them a CD. Use stickers. Make someone’s day for the cost of a stamp…
This author may or may not be especially homesick and would love to see some mail.
9. You could always buy music themed jewelry – Etsy’s got some cool stuff.
10. I have no idea what to get your crush, so don’t ask me.
So, what am I missing? What would you like to receive this holiday season?
And of course, if you see anything on this list, you could always…
Happy Columbus Day!
Enjoy - download here. Please reblog and get the word out.
Happy Columbus Day! From 12AM PST on October 8th, Keeping in Line will be available for free download on Amazon. Get it now - I won’t cycle back to it for free for at least a year!
And remember, you don’t actually need a Kindle to download the book. Kindle software is free for smartphones and your laptop!
Hey gang, as of tomorrow morning
way too early I am off to the States for a little over a week. If and when I have free internet access and time, I’ll try and post.
Hope your seasons and shows are making progress…
Hopefully you will! I just realized most everyone
who’s not living overseas is getting a long weekend. If you missed downloading it the first time around, have no fear. If you don’t have a Kindle - also no big deal. All you need is the Kindle software and some device to read it on.
Now Ryan Gosling says be calm and carry on with your day.
In honor of DCI Finals 2012, I’m making Keeping in Line free to download for the next two days. Get your copy here.
Please reblog - I’d love to hit the same numbers I did with A Fine Line. Together, we can get my book into the Top #100 on Amazon. :) (Also, if you like the book, a review would be lovely!).
In Keeping in Line, sophomore Bronwyn Flueger eagerly anticipates her upcoming season as a member of the highly competitive Forrest Hills snare section. Disappointed by a slow start and lack of chemistry with the upperclassmen that surround her, Bronwyn decides to take matters into her own hands. With a not-so-hidden agenda, she turns to cute senior drum major, Drew O’Malley, and together they devise a way for Bronwyn to become a drumline insider. When their plans don’t go as anticipated, the season takes an unexpected turn. With the entire band caught in the middle, will Forrest Hills be able to fulfill another championship year? Full of humorous twists, a memorable supporting cast, and lots of marching over a challenging semester, Keeping in Line is a must for the library of any marching band member or alumni!